Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Our Journalists

They are killing me!

I'd expect a driver to know how to drive.
A chef must know how to cook.
Boxers should be capable of boxing.
An attorney must be be capable of presenting a case well (or the innocent gets fried)

I can neither write like them nor do their job but I wish our journalists had a good command of whatever language in which they choose to write.
A few extra minutes to review their work plus spell-check can do them a lot of good.

Some english teachers must be rolling in their graves. Mine probably is too!
I like teasing people but this isn't amusing anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Ka ne ka bio! When you read the papers, it seems that there is no effort made to even get the basics right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read what they have to say but sometimes the string of sentences don't go down easily. I move right along to the next article so I don't choke.

    ReplyDelete